The perspectives towards cycling is changing. It has become the plight of the poor and delight of the rich. In urban areas, a crowd has kicked in to enjoy it for sport or a means to achieve their fitness goals. That the bicycle can be used as a mode of transport is often ignored.
In India, many people are unaware of several aspects of cycling: different types of bicycles, cycling posture, saddle height, basic maintenance, etc. Lack of this knowledge deter a person from choosing to bicycle as it can lead to bad postures that cause injury or poorly functioning bicycle parts.
Cycling lanes may soon become a part of urban life in a sustainable future. If they need to be utilised right, we will need informed citizens making sustainable choices.
I can conduct interactive workshops for children through schools or organizations.
If you are an educational institution, or someone involved with education of children this presentation might interest you:
– Music: Rhythms and Cycling
Cycle to Work (for corporate offices/ adults):
– Bicycling: Why should I? How can I ensure safety?
– Economics of the modern bicycle: the fuss about seemingly unfair prices
– Bicycle Ergonomics: Bike fit, saddle height, posture, maintenance
– Fitness & Nutrition: Exercises & Stretches: before and after
– Modern accessories: Can I really lug my office briefcase on a bicycle?
Get in touch to organise workshops.